Monday, March 8, 2010

Your Presence is Key

I had so much fun designing and constructing this save the date.  The bride and groom were engaged in Europe and wanted the announcement to reflect their style and set the tone for their upcoming wedding.  The bride said her motto was "the harder to read, the better!"
... although I do hope it is somewhat legible since I addressed all the envelopes in the same script!
The save the date is printed on fine Italian paper, with a skelton key from France tied on with a hand-dyed silk ribbon in French Roast.
I love this ribbon and the little hand-dyed cards attached to each roll, showing the color.  These are a few colors I currently have in the shop and seem to be the trend at the moment. Chocolate, eggplant, plum, mossy green and steel blue/grey have been the most requested colors I have had this year.
I am thrilled the bride loved her announcements! She said, "I couldn't have asked for anything better!"  Does that mean I met the requirement of the more unreadable the better? :)
I look forward to working with her to create her formal invitations!

10 comments:

  1. What a request! Beautiful script and I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your calligraphy is absolutely exquisite Dana and no wonder the bride was thrilled. So elegant and unique. You will love cycling and if you want to join in and be posted, please let me know. I would love the company (and motivation). Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Dana!!!!! I absolutely love it. Looks like you had a lot of fun with it. I think it is very readable and lively!

    Much love,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgoodness, your client sounds so sweet from beginning to end on this project! could it get any better?
    seriously dana ~ these are so simply elegant ... LOVE this font ...
    a most graceful and artful design ...
    and the key .... and the hand dyed french roast silk ribbon ... and little hand dyed cards ... truly beautiful ...
    prairiegirl xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created a beautiful script Dana! It can be very difficult to maintain the integrity of fine lettering and still provide the client with the unique, whimsical calligraphy they desire. Just lovely! The ribbons and cards are delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh how I love the silk ribbon tied on the old French key! I love your photo of the sample colors too. I think you did above & beyond on this one! :-))

    Thank you so much for your comment today. It means the world to me that the paper flowers started in YOUR shop's window. :) I will ALWAYS look back on that and remember the wonderful memories of creating those flowers with you.

    Have a wonderful weekend*
    xo
    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAIT! I have to catch my breath!! These are beautiful!! I love the everything the paper, font, key and ribbon. Oh I love ribbon!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your calligraphy style! I wouldn't have doubted that the client would be pleased...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this...and "the harder to read the better"...such a different approach, but it ended up in something very unique...and yes, you delivered a beautiful piece of art!
    Ronelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Dana~

    A very lucky bride indeed! Your calligraphy reminds me of a ballerina dancing, absolute, pure, and so elegant.

    Thank you for sharing this~

    XO

    ReplyDelete