Sunday, September 16, 2012

Masters of Fashion Illustration

Masters of Fashion Illustration is one of the many fashion illustration books I own and adore. It is written by my favorite fashion illustrator David Dowton, who is one of the world's leading fashion artists.  He is best know for his drawings of Paris couture and elegant portraits of some of the world's most beautiful women.
The forward is written by one of them, Carmen Dell'Orefice (illustration by David Dowton.)  This is my favorite illustration in the book for its composition, style and colors! I also love his confident calligraphic lines.
 The book also features the best of the best, such as Erté, Andy Warhol, René Bouché, Antonio Lopez, and many more including book cover by the late Tony Viramontes.

It is a must have for anyone loving fashion illustration!

6 comments:

  1. Also one of my favourite books and illustrators. As for Carmen, I adore her. I have always found her to have the most exquisite poise, a legend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Carmen has the most beautiful face for painting/illustration(those high cheek bones!) and is the epitome of elegance. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful book Dana!!! Thanks for sharing.
    xo,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should post some of YOUR fashion illustrations! They are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting and EXTREMELY beautiful; thank you for sharing, Dana! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Sharp! I love fashion illustrations! Would love to see your as well! I love this blog and nominated it for a Liebster Award, for bloggers with under 200 fololwers that deserve recognition f or great work!
    Enjoy!
    Karolyn- The Relished Roost

    ReplyDelete